How soon after rhinoplasty can I go for a breast lift?

I had a rhinoplasty on 26 Oct 2016. Hump removal, tip work, ala flare reduction and osteotomy were performed. I am thinking of having my breast implants removed and a lift performed. My ideal time to go in for this surgery would be mid-december. But is it safe? Can the results of my rhinoplasty be affected?

Breast surgery after rhinoplasty

No, you should are able to have breast augmentation and this should not impact the results of your rhinoplasty. Best of luck.

Safety of breast lift following rhinoplasty

While having a breast lift at this point should not in any way impact your nose, I typically advise my patients to wait 6 months between surgeries. You need to give your body time to heal from the first surgery before having the second. 

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

You should wait at least 2-3 months if you have had osteotomies performed.  By then, the nasal bones are stable, and you will have little risk from manipulation during anesthesia.  Nonetheless, you should confirm this with your rhinoplasty surgeon.  Best wishes.

A. Joshua Zimm, MD

Between surgery

Surgery on your breasts should have nothing to do with your nose surgery. 4-6 weeks between the two should be fine. 

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

A second surgery after rhinoplasty

If you are planning on having a breast lift after a rhinoplasty, I would recommend that you wait for your nose to completely heal first.  This can best be determined by you and your rhinoplasty surgeon.

The reason you should wait for your nose to heal completely is to protect it from any manipulation or accidental pushing on your nose during general anesthesia.  A breathing tube is put in while you are asleep and sometimes the nose can be bumped during this process.  The breast lift itself should not effect the healing of your nose.

In that regard, any person should wait for the nose to heal completely before ANY procedure that uses general anesthesia.  Remember that it typically takes a minimum of 2 months for your nose to be healed and close to it's normal strength and function.

Kyle T. Yamamoto, MD
Reno Facial Plastic Surgeon

Duration between surgeries

I would recommend scheduling an appointment with your plastic surgeon as discussing this with them to see what their protocol is on the duration between procedures. I would recommend that my patients wait at least 2-3 months before undergoing a breast surgery to prevent damage to the nose during surgery from anesthesia etc. Best of luck.
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon