I had my Open Rhinoplasty 26 days ago. Very disappointed. Any suggestions? (photos)

I had an open rhinoplasty - final diagnosis from the doctor says they worked on the nasal hump and deviated nasal bones. the tip of my nose is a lot more crooked now and nose looks weird and asymmetric. Dr says it is swelling and mentioned they tied the cartilage together on the bottom and says a lot of work was done to my nose they found extra bones inside. dr says this is swelling, tip is hard- dr says if it stays like that he will do the surgery free in 6 months but says its only the tip.

Rhinoplasty at 3 weeks

You are very early post-op and have to give a year or more before considering a revision. Best of luck.

3 weeks post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.

It's too early to make value judgments with only 3 weeks after a rhinoplasty. Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity. In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months. To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you. Kind regards,  Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Too soon to judge

I understand how frustrating it is to come out of surgery and not see the nose of your dreams, but it can take anywhere from 6 months to a year to see your final results. 26 days post op is way too soon to judge. For now, be patient and kind to yourself as your body heals. If, at 6 months, you are still not happy then yes, speak with your surgeon, but I generally think it best to wait a year before getting revision surgery.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Early post op results

It is very early on in the healing process.  You are doing the right thing keeping your surgeon up to date with your concerns and changes you are seeing or not seeing.  After an open rhinoplasty, particularly with the amount of work that it appears you had done, it can take some time to see how the nose settles.  I know its easy for me to say, but do your best to stay patient.  Continue to follow the post op instructions and telling them your concerns.  Best of luck.

Miguel Mascaro, MD
Delray Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

So soon

Its so soon. You are still swollen. After an open Rhynoplasty results should be seen about 12 months after surgery. Try to have pacience. I know is hard. You should be much better on a few months. Keep talking with your plastic surgeon. Tell him your  concerns. Follow post op instructions.

Regards

Dr Hernandez Pizzoglio

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question and photographs.

You are still very early in your recovery period and your appearance will continue to refine.  It may take up to a year for all swelling to resolve and for your nasal appearance to settle to a final outcome. Your doctor may prescribe you a Medrol dose pack (steroid) to help reduce the swelling. Healing is often unpredictable and one side may heal quicker than the other and sometimes even nasal bones may shift in healing.  The outcomes may not be as expected.  In some cases a revision may be recommended to refine your outcomes, but I would wait at least 12-18 months so you are fully healed before considering a revision. 
Best of luck in your recovery!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon