Microneedling for atrophic leg scars.

I have lots of shallow, indented scars from injuries on my shins and knees. Would microneedling be able to plump my scars up and improve their texture or would it just make them worse?

Microneedling for leg scars

Microneedling is safe to use on the legs and may help to blend the scar with the surrounding skin. 

Leg skin will heal more slowly then facial skin, so the lack of heat and minimal trauma with microneedling is a safe way to start treating a small scar in this area, however the results may be minimal.

Chicago Dermatologist

You're on the right track--lasers, microneedling/prp, subcision, fillers for atrophic leg scars

Microneedling combined with prp, lasers and fillers like bellafill will likely give you the best improvement. See an expert in scarring for a formal evaluation. Best, Dr. Emer.