What is the procedure for treating a forehead hematoma? (photos)

I developed a hematoma on my forehead 3 years ago after being kicked in the head. The swelling has subsided a bit over the years but it is still raised,discoloured and noticeable depending on the lighting . It has a raised scar running across it. I am prone to keloid scarring.When i touch the hematoma it feels a bit numb but it is also not hard. What are the options available to me to get rid of the hematoma and also the scar?

What is the procedure for treating a forehead hematoma?

This could either be soft or hard (bone) tissue. Either way the bump can be accessed after removing the existing scar and removed. This would either involve removing the ball of scar tissue or contouring the bony protrusion depending upon what is causing the surface bump. Best.
Stephen Weber MD, FACSDenver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Likely organized hematoma at this point

the hematoma has likely been converted to collagen fibrous tissue (scar ) by your body at this point.  These can be removed surgically thru the existing scar you have.  the benefit would be to smooth out the bumpiness caused by these collections on the forehead.
good luck

Marwan R. Khalifeh, MD
Chevy Chase Plastic Surgeon