How long do I need to hire the nurse after surgery; one day, two? And how much does it run for?

Tummy tuck and breast lift and lipo

Nurse fees

If you don’t have anyone you can trust to help you in the day or two after your surgery, you can hire a nurse. Pricing for nurses depends on several factors - you can ask your surgeon’s office if they can recommend anyone to you. In Toronto, registered nurses tend to charge $45 and up an hour.

It is a choice only you can decide upon. Or even a Recovery House. Fees from $150 to $400 per 24 hours. Call around.

I have a nurse that can stay with patients for the first day after surgery and even a few days after surgery to help with your care.  I would ask your surgeon about the specifics of this as more details are needed.

TT recovery and help

Thank you for your question. Usually a friend or family members help them out. If it is not please check with surgeon for options. Most likely need some help for about 3-5 days but this may vary depending on the patient.

Ven Erella, MD

Tummy tuck recovery

Most patients can have a family member or a friend help them after surgery.  There is generally not a need to hire a nurse.  Make sure that the person helping is able to assist you in changing positions and getting in and out of the car.  They should also be capable of tending to your drains, so they shouldn't be squeamish.    If you do not feel comfortable relying on a family or friend, ask your surgeon for recommendations for nursing providers near you.

Camille Cash, MD