Can I wear a sports bra during surgery?

Wearing a sports bra during surgery

I'm sorry the answer is NO,   during surgery we need to put  different monitors on your chest  and we need to keep a sterilization process in place.  But you should speak to your plastic surgeon about your concerns. *

Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Wearing clothes during surgery

No. There are monitors that will need to be attached to your chest which is why you'll be in a surgical gown. Hope this helps.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Can I wear a sports bra during surgery?

I doubt your surgeon would allow that, we wouldn't. There are multiple monitors that need to be attached to your chest skin and the skin sterilization process for a TT extends to the lower breasts, a bra would prevent that. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Sports bra during surgery

Hello...I am not exactly sure what surgery you are going to have so it makes this question hard to answer. However, this question is under the topic of tummy tuck so I am going to answer this question like it is for tummy tuck. During a tummy tuck, there is a lot of important anatomy one needs to see in order to maintain symmetry and to do the operation well. When I perform tummy tucks on my patients I combine liposuction in order to achieve far superior results than tummy tuck alone. This means I lipo all the way up to the upper abdomen which is just below the breasts. If a patient was to wear a sports bra during surgery that would be in the way of surgery so that would not be possible. In fact, for almost any surgery above the waist  you would not be able to wear a sports bra. For surgery confined to below the waist it may be ok to wear a sports bra but that would depend on your surgeons preferences. However, this is something you should speak to your plastic surgeon about to see what his thoughts are. Hope this helps and good luck!

Ankur Mehta MD

Ankur Mehta, MD
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

Sports bra during surgery

We definitely need more information.  Depending on the type of surgery, this could be a very simple question to answer for you.  Typically surgeons and anesthesiologists want complete access to the full body just in case something happens during surgery.  However, it is best to ask the surgeon directly what instructions you should follow. Best of luck to you!

Fred Hackney, MD

Sports bra

Thanks for your inquiry, I am not sure what surgery you are having, it really depends.  Please ask your surgeon to clarify and best of luck.