I have pets in my home and will be having a BBL soon. Is it bad to keep the animals near me? Can I catch an infection?

Although my pets are regularly taken to the vet I want to make sure my recovery is smooth. Can having my pets near me bring me at higher risk of infection?

Having a pet and surgery

ITs normal now days that every home has a pet. You will not be on a greater risk because of this. I will recommend to wash your hands every time you touch the animal, if you have any wound don't be near the pet when you are cleaning it, be careful when you play around with your dog, they don't understand you had surgery and they can harm you. Good luck! 

Pets after Surgery

HI, Pets will not increase your post-surgery infection unless you let them directly lick any wounds. As long as you avoid that, you should be fine. 

Pets and surgery

Having pets should not increase your risk of issues from your surgery.  Best of luck with your future surgery.

Do pets increase your risk of infection after surgery?

There is no data to support increased risk of infection from pets after surgery. It is most important to ensure that your pets do not jump up on to of your incisions or get tangled in any drains. 

#BBL #ShapedExtraJuicy #liposuction #fattransfer #BrazilianButtLift #DrSej #fatgrafting #fatsurvival #BBLrecovery #beverlyhills #curves #weightloss #bodysculpting 

Sejal M. Patel, MD

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well...I dont think that your pets may be a problem my love, you only have to make your wounds to be closed and always use your garment.

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

No, having pets is fine as long as you keep you and your surrounding clean. Don't let them lick your wounds or drains. I have heard that patients have caught infections from cats licking the drains. Also, keep them from jumping on you and don't lift them.