What should I do about a pocked with fluid after getting a lipo? (photo)

I got a Brazilian butt lift 10 days ago. My doctor did not use drains. I noticed that I have a pocket with fluid on my lower abdomen. It's very small and it doesn't hurt at all but I can see it's full of fuid bc I touch it and it bounces back. I'm not sure if I should wait to see if my body will absorbe it or should I find a doctor to remove it with a syringe. (My surgeon is in a different state)

Fluid collection after a BBL

Fluid can accumulate after a BBL. To prevent this, many surgeons use drain tubes. I personally do not, since the tubes can be quite cumbersome and uncomfortable and most importantly, any fluid accumulation is easily removed with a needle if it occurs. You should absolutely have this drained. It may only be a small amount of fluid and it will probably not recur if removed now. If you wait, it can become sealed in a scar tissue and cause contour deformity or even infection. You should call your surgeon so that it can be drained. If you surgeon is far from you, he/she should be able to set you up with a plastic surgeon in your area. 

Seroma after liposuction

I would recommend that you find another surgeon to drain that pocket of fluid as it does appear to be significant and will need to be aspirated. If you leave the fluid without draining, it can get infected and cause a lot more problems. 

#BBL #ShapedExtraJuicy #liposuction #fattransfer #BrazilianButtLift #DrSej #fatgrafting #fatsurvival #BBLrecovery #beverlyhills #curves #weightloss #bodysculpting 

Sejal M. Patel, MD

What should I do about a pocked with fluid after getting a lipo?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well...It is normal that you have fluid, you're still early on healing process my dear, go to your surgeon to drain it with a needle, is not painfull.. After liposuction and bbl your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. 

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Not all PS use drains in their liposuction or BBLs. Most seromas form between 10 days and 2 weeks. If this fluid is left without being drained, it can get infected. Your body can also form a capsule around the fluid which can compromise your end results. It is best to find someone to drain it.