Is there anything to regrow lost hair at temples? (photos)

Is there anything to regrow lost hair at temples? It has been few years I have noticed hair loss in this area, but since I stopped using Rogaine I think it is even worse. I have to make a bun for work. What could be the reason for my hair loss and is there anything which can hep me get my hair back? Thank you for your answers.

Regrow hair at the temples

If it has been a few years since you have lost the hair it is unlikely that anything will bring it back aside from a hair restoration procedure.  However, you can discuss with your doctor about using minoxidil over the next 6 months or so to see if it makes any difference.

Irvine Hair Restoration Surgeon

Temple hair thinning?

Your hair loss could be due to many causes.
Androgenic alopecia, hormonal problems and traction are the top probabilities.
We have found that 5% Rogaine, microneedle rolling, hairstyle changes and PRP have been somewhat helpful.
Hope this helps

Jeffrey Rapaport, MD
Englewood Dermatologic Surgeon

Temple Hair Restoration

Temple hair transplantation is quite possible and in fact is one of the areas that makes the face much more youthful.  Although temple recession is generally seen in advanced stages of hair loss, thinning of the area could be seen much earlier.  Transplanting hair to the temple areas is more challenging than a other areas of scalp due to the steep angles and especial distribution of hair in the area.

Parsa Mohebi, MD
Beverly Hills Hair Restoration Surgeon

Regrow lost hair in temples

At this point it may be difficult to regrow your hair.  You can use minoxidil or low level laser light therapy to help slow down the progression of any further loss.  In order to restore the hair lost in this area, you can consider a hair transplant procedure.  Hair restoration can restore your loss hair to the hairline.

Female hairline restoration

your situation is very common and I assume you have had a thorough investigation ruling out any medical condition for your hair thinning. Minoxidil may restore some vellus hair but unlikely to result in significant terminal hair. As long as it is not getting worse, then a hair transplant procedure may be the answer for you to restore the feminine shape to your hairline 

Bessam Farjo, MBChB
Manchester Hair Restoration Surgeon