Alar base reduction scars (Photo)

I had a rhinoplasty, a septoplasty along with an alar base reduction surgeries on the 31st of May of this year. I really liked the result of the rhinoplasty, but I am SO worried from the appearance of the scars! I would like to know how long do they usually take for them to fade away?

Swelling , some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.
Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Alar base reduction scars

Thanks for your question. The appearance of your alar base reduction is exactly right for only three weeks out from surgery. It can take several weeks to months for scars to fade and this is particularly true of someone with darker skin. With time, these scars will fade to nothing. Another thing to keep in mind: while you're very attuned to your nasal appearance and scarring, so you're looking at it a lot, that particular place on your nose is virtually invisible to other people. People aren't going around looking up your nose! So just be patient, it looks like everything is healing well.

Robert S. Schmidt, MD
College Station Facial Plastic Surgeon

Scars from Alar Base reduction

Thanks for reaching out.  You are still very early for scar maturation.  It can take up to a year for your scar to fade.  At this point in time you can start using scar cream that will accelerate this process.  The one I use in my practice is SkinMedica Scar Recovery Gel, but there are many options out there.

I hope this helps :)

John Paul Tutela, MD
Livingston Plastic Surgeon