4 weeks out from Neck lift without excision of skin. Is this rippling normal? (Photos)

I had a neck lift (muscle tightening only) and I have a vertical band. Is this botched and what is my recourse? The pics are 4 week post op. Thank you so much for any suggestions or advice.

Rippling Resolution with lasers, microneedling/prp, radiofrequency, ultrasound

This may continue to improve, however it can be treated with lasers and microneedling/prp. Sculptra with radiofrequency/ultrasound skin tightening (thermage or ultherapy) also helps this area to improve the longevity of the lift. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer.

Rippling after suture neck lift

Rippling is not uncommon after a neck lift especially if there is no skin removed. This may continue to improve but also might need further treatment as with a laser or radiofrequency such as ThermiTight.

Richard O. Gregory, MD

Necklift and skin re-draping

Whenever a platysmaplasty is performed alone (based on the description of what you had performed) with no skin excision, it can take some time for the skin to re-drape.  This is completely normal.  You can certainly start doing light massage with vitamin E oil along the vertical band to help break up some of the swelling and allow the natural re-draping process to speed up.  That being said, when in doubt, it's always a good idea to check with your operating surgeon as they know exactly what was done during the procedure, and the office staff is there to help guide you along the post operative process.  Best of luck! I hope some of this helps. 

Miguel Mascaro, MD
Delray Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

So you have attempted to avoid skin excision for over two years, if I am reading ALL your postings correctly? First you tried ThermiTight RF for neck tightening. Now you had small incision muscle band operation with it skin excision. So 2 operations without a optimal result. Cutting the corners to avoid skin excision/incision is the issue. NOT the surgeon/s offering you minimally and non surgical options (ThermiTight RF or sub mental neck band repairs). I say this is an unrealistic expectation issue TOTALLY on you. You need a surgical neck lift with incisions around the ear. The "Gold Standard" is surgery for results you wanted.