How long does the redness last after micro needling? When am I presentable in public?

Microneedling and Vampire facials

I usually see that patients have a pink undertone to their skin for about 24 to 48 hours after their microneedling treatment. Make sure the skin stays hydrated to maximize results and expedite the healing process. Using PRP otherwise known as a vampire facial is another option to give your skin the extra boost it needs to feel revitalized. 

Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Redness after microneedling

Redness from microneedling varies greatly.  The depth of the microneedling, the number of passes and your skin’s reaction will all affect the healing process.  You should discuss with your provider what is reasonable for you.  Many patients are presentable the next day.  Often times PRP is combined with microneedling for maximum benefits.   

David Stoker, MD

Micro Needling

Hi, Its hard to give you an accurate answer due to the amount of variables within the treatment. Mainly the needle depth and number of passes across an area will determine how long the colour will last. Generally we see our patients redness last up to 24 hours and that's using a 1.0mm needle depth. Hope this helps, All the best.

Chien C. Kat, FRCS
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

12-72 hours depending on type of microneedling

This will depend on the following factors 1. Type of micro needling, 2. Depth of micro needling 3. Number of passes 4. Insulated vs non insulated needles 5. Energy device needling e.g.. RF vs non energy 6. Use of PRP= speeds up recovery 7. individual skin factors, skin sensitivity, rosacea, etc. 8. The after care- serums, copper peptides, Vit C, sunscreen etc... so  many variables hence the 12-72+ hours redness time. Your Specialist will guide you as to the redness following the procedure. Micro needling can be simple or complex and tailored towards your skin care concerns. All the best, Dr Davin Lim. Brisbane. Australia.

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Redness after Microneedling -- Consider vascular laser treatments, skin care, PRP

It is normal to have redness after microneedling for a few days and this is due to inflammation and histamine release. If it doesn't resolve in a few days, please consult your.  I find adding PRP decreases redness more quickly and we like to do microneedling with lasers to get better outcomes.  Best, Dr. Emer

Microneedling Recovery

Hi there, the redness from microneedling varies from person to person (I believe the downtime shortens as you have more microneedling procedures performed). Typically, we see redness persist for 3 to 4 days.

Justin Harper, MD
Columbus Physician