What can I do that will REALLY help my crepey under eye skin/ fine lines peri-orbital? (photos)

I am 28 yrs old. I have tried microneedling, SkinMedica products, retional. Now, I've had 1 treatment of Vivace, which is a new rf microneedling treatment similar to Infini. Nothing is working! I'm so worried what it is going to be like in a year! I don't smoke, I wear sunscreen. The rest of my face is fine! What can I do?!

Fine Lines Under Eye

Hello and thank you for your question. It really is a combination of products and treatments. ZO Medical has a great eye treatment to use at home called Hydrafirm Eye Brightening Repair Creme. It will help minimize the fine lines and restore the elasticity and encourage collagen production to the delicate eye area. You may want to consider doing a combination of chemical peels and microneedling with PRP. I would recommend a medium grade medical peels (ZO 3 Step Stimulation Peel, VI Peel, RevePeel) then follow up with microneedling with PRP 4-6 weeks after. You can repeat this combination for best and quickest correction.Hope this helps!Dr Faraz

Under Eye Wrinkles

Thanks for your question!  It sounds like you are doing all the right things for maintenance purposes, so keep up the good work!  I would additionally recommend a deep laser full resurfacing treatment in combination with PRP (platelet rich plasma).  This will definitely help with those fine lines and wrinkles.  Be sure to consult with an expert.  Best of luck!

Crepey skin under eyes

Needling and radiofrequency are probably your best bets in this area, and the combination of the two is the best, so you are doing the right thing. Sometimes there is a genetic component that is impossible to correct 100%. It does not mean that it will get worse every year, though, so don't despair! Botox or Dysport injections in the crow's feet would reduce the wrinkles that go out to the cheek. Retinols and topical moisturizers (e.g. skin medica topical hyaluronic acid) are still worth using because they will prevent more wrinkles from occurring. Even if you don't correct this 100%, you can prevent progression with the Vivace treatments, so you are not wasting your effort. I don't have any personal experience with carboxytherapy yet, but it is supposed to be useful under the eyes as well. From what I have read, carboxytherapy may take a longer series of treatments, but there is no down time.

Jenny Weyler, MD
Worcester Physician

Under eye lines -microneedling/fraxel

Hi, thank you for your question.  Fine undereye lines are a common concern and they can be difficult to treat. Combining topical products (like the ones you are using from Skin Medica) with microneedling or resurfacing (such as non-ablative or ablative fractionated resurfacing) can yield the best results in the long run, but it may take several treatments. Depending on when you had the microneedling, it may be too early to see any improvement. It can several weeks or even months following microneedling and fractionated treatments before you see visible results. Also, after treatment the skin can dry out.  This may give the appearance that the lines are worse.  It's important to use gentle cleansers, moisturizers, antioxidants (and/or retinol- carefully as this can sometimes cause irritation) and daily spf (as well as sunglasses that provide UV protection). I would follow-up with your treating physician for evaluation and to discuss your concerns.

Jennifer Chwalek, MD

Dark Circles, Eyelid Wrinkles/Bags -- Restylane or Belotero, Clear+Brilliant/Fraxel, Eclipse Micropen, Viva/Intensif

lasers, microneedling/PRP, skin care and botox/dysport can help this area.  Please see an expert for evaluation.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Under Eye Lines and eMatrix

The best treatment for under eye lines that I have found is the eMatrix. It takes 3 treatments with almost no down time and markedly improves fine lines.  Please consult an expert for eMatrix.  Best, Dr. Green