Approximately 2.5 months post op for mild bodybuilder gyno surgery and I am still having puffy nipples. Is this normal? (photo)

Basically, i had gyno from taking some supplements i definitely shouldn't have back in the day and decided to have it surgically removed. The "ball" was approximately 1.5cmx2.5cmx2cm and was removed from behind each areolar. However, the puffiness has not gone away. There is no longer as much tenderness and pain as there was pre op but the puffiness hasn't changed, if anything, its worse. Is this normal/when should i try to meet with my surgeon again??

Puffy Nipples Following Gynecomastia Surgery

Your incisions will go through a maturation #process following #Gynecomastia #surgery. For the first few months they will be red and possibly raised and/or firm. As the scar matures, after 6-12 months, it becomes soft, pale, flat, and much less noticeable. You may experience numbness, tingling, burning, “crawling”, or other peculiar sensations around the surgical area. This is a result of the #healing of tiny fibers which are trapped in the incision site. These symptoms will disappear. Some people are prone to keloids, which is an abnormal scar that becomes prominent. If you or a blood relative has a tendency to keloid formation, please inform the doctor.
Also, as you heal, the area may feel “lumpy” and irregular. This, too, decreases with time, and massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. The #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin. If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff.

Approximately 2.5 months post op for mild bodybuilder gyno surgery and I am still having puffy nipples. Is this normal?

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs.  I see your areas of concern and agree on your continued puffiness. The difficulty without an in-person examination is knowing if this is the result of residual gynecomastia tissue, swelling, tissue response to temperature or emotion, etc.  Talk to your surgeon now and voice your concerns.  They can best determine the cause and course of treatment.  Hope this helps.