Am I too small for a BBL? 5'6", 115 lbs (Photo)

looking for an amazing doctor to transfer fat to hips and butt. Im about 4 months away from when i plan to have the surgery done.

Too Small for A BBL?

Based on your photos, you do not have a significant amount of fat for a BBL. It is important to have realistic expectations to avoid post operative disappoint. Have a consultations with  a board certified plastic surgeon who will discuss various options such a implants.  I usually do not suggest weight gain before surgery unless you plan to stay at the higher weight.  Weight lost after a BBL can affect your final results.

Farmington Plastic Surgeon

BBL

Thank you for your question and photographs.

I would recommend that you schedule an appointment with a board certified plastic surgeon so they can perform a physical examination of your body and see if you are a good candidate for BBL or not. If you have little body fat, which it appears based on your pictures that you do, you may be a better candidate for buttock implants. I do not recommend patients gaining weight prior to surgery because weight fluctuations before or after the procedure can affect your results. For patients who have little body fat I recommend using buttock implants using the XYZ technique which is intramuscular. This would be the best option for you if you do not have enough body fat to harvest for a Brazilian butt lift and will help you achieve a curvier look. Best of luck in your endeavors!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Am I too small for a BBL? 5'6", 115 lbs

You must select a board certified plastic surgeon with a track record of getting impressive results for thinner patients.

BBL Candidate

Hi and thanks for the question and photos. It appears from your pictures that you are currently too lean for BBL. I suggest weight gain and I would consider buttocks implants. Best of Luck- Dr Hardy...

James E. Hardy, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Am I too small for a BBL? 5'6", 115 lbs

From looking at your photos you don't have a lot of excess fat. There is some over your abdomen and some more at your love handles...possibly some over your anterior thighs, but definitely not enough for HIGH volume fat transfer. I would imagine something like 300-400cc per side max. It is important that you make sure with your PS that your expectations are in line with theirs. 

The recommended BMI is less than 30. This is the recommendation of the American society of plastic surgery. The reason simply, is increased chance of complications. These include but limited to, pulmonary embolus, deep venous thrombosis, delayed wound healing and increase infection rate.

A "BBL" Brazilian butt lift harvest fat from areas ( Liposuction ) with the fat removed from the areas using your own fat it transfer to the buttocks and into the hips.The common donor sites for this procedure is your posterior waist/flanks, lateral thighs, back, waist, and anterior tummy. This is a safe and effective way to contour the lower body.

When you're looking for a cosmetic procedure you find a surgeon that has been certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who is highly experience in Brazilian Butt Lifts.  choose one wisely.  Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. and free Face to face consultation.

Rami Ghurani, MD