I have Acute Bronchitis, started Zpak two days ago but I'm scheduled for surgery on Friday. What should I do?

Hi I'm scheduled for surgery In 4 days .I have acute bronchitis and started Zpak three days ago but still have mild cough and phlegm. No fever. Should I reschedule my surgery? ?

Sickness before surgery

Thank you for your question. This is best to be discussed with your plastic surgeon. Each surgeon and anesthesiologist have different protocol that is followed. Best of luck on your surgery.

Fairfield Plastic Surgeon

Sick 4 days before surgery

I would discuss with your surgeon. If you are doing an implant for example, I would cancel without question. Otherwise, I would discuss with your surgeon, although it is always safer to postpone elective surgery.

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon

Surgery and illness

You should contact your surgeon to discuss this with him. He will have to decide what he feels is appropriate for you depending upon how this progresses.

Bronchitis before surgery

Hi Curvyblonde,

You should really discuss this with your surgeon performing the procedure.  Although not all illness result in rescheduling surgery, most would consider rescheduling for procedures where you need to undergo general anesthesia.

Hope that helps.

Dr. B

Brazilian Butt Lift

Thank you for your question. I would recommend to contact your Plastic Surgeon in person to discuss. Each physician has different protocol and requirements for surgery. Good luck!

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question.

Please contact your surgeon to discuss.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon