Do I have to take steroids after a BBL?

I have had hypersensitivity type reactions to steriods like prednisone. My face swells up horribly and I get a rash. I want to get a BBL done and know there is swelling afterwards, is it necessary to take steriods to reduce the swelling? Id like to have it done but want to avoid steriods.

Steroids

Hi and thanks for the question. No steroids are not necessary after BBL. You should not be required to take any form of steroid after this procedure. Best of Luck - Dr Hardy...

Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Steroids after BBL

Steroids are not usually used after BBL.

It is very unusual to have an allergy to prednisone but there are alternative steroids if you ever do need to have steroids for any reason.

Rodney A. Green, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Steroids and BBL

I do not usually recommend steroids after surgical procedures. Usually the swelling naturally goes down on its own as the body heals. Steroids only temporarily improve swelling.

Steroids are not needed

Steroids are like fools gold after surgery.  They may diminish swelling in the short term but do nothing to change the outcome of the healing process.  Furthermore, there are natural alternatives such as Arnica and Bromelain that negate the need for steroids.  I never use them for BBL patients or any surgical patient for that matter.