I have the apple shape, with the BBL can I achieve the hourglass shape and have a great butt? Or waste of time? (photo)

Brazilian Butt Lift- Apple To Hourglass?

You can most definitely get an improvement in your contour that will make you happy. When going for your consults, ask to see photos and try to focus on patients that have your body structure or close to it. Remember, for Brazilian Butt Lift, it's not only what is added to the buttocks but also what is removed from the surrounding areas--sacrum, flanks, hips, lower and lateral back, and abdomen that makes all the difference!

Sacramento Physician

Expectations with Brazilian buttock lift

You can certainly have an improvement in your waist-to-hip ratio which would give you a better shape. Consult with a few plastic surgeons in person for an exam and review of your goals. 

Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I specialize in Brazilian Butt Lifts and Body Contouring procedures.

From your photos, you appear to be an excellent candidate for Vaser Hi definition liposculpture with fat grafting to the buttocks.  You should get a great result from liposculpture, giving you a more contoured and hourglass shape with better projection to your buttocks.

Vaser Hi Definition liposuction uses the concepts of negative and positive spaces in relation to the underlying bony and muscle anatomy to define areas such as your six pack and create an athletic looking physique.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Butt Lift

All of Brazilian Butt Lifts are simply fat transplanted to the buttocks in an artistic way.   You can definitely have a great improvement and yes I think it should be worthwhile.   My Best,  Dr Commons

BBL

Thank you for your question and photograph.

I would recommend that you schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon so they can perform a physical examination and review of your medical history to determine whether you are a good candidate to undergo elective cosmetic surgery. From the photos you have posted, I think you would benefit from a Brazilian butt lift to achieve a more contoured waist and fuller, rounder buttocks. When I perform a BBL, I will evaluate the patient’s body to make sure that they are a good candidate for the Brazilian butt lift. It will also be assessed as to which areas will be liposuctioned. Depending on the amount of fat necessary to fill the buttocks/hip area, multiple donor sites on the body may be considered. After liposuction has been performed, a closed sterile system is used which ensures the fat tissue is never exposed to the air. This keeps it safe and purified for reinjection into the buttocks/hips. Our plastic surgery office uses P188, a triple-wash antibiotic that sterilizes the tissue and separates the healthy fat from any tissue that may not survive the transfer process. I will then reinject the fat to make sure that the layering is done properly, effectively and that the results are smooth and shapely. I hope this helps.
Best of luck in your endeavors!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

BBL Candidate

Based upon the one photo  it would appear that removing the fat from around the waist and hip area and transferring it to the buttocks and upper outer thighs would give you a nice shape change. After seeing an experienced doctor you will have a better idea of just how much can be accomplished. However, I think you would have a very nice shape change.  Best of Luck   Dr Harrell

You look like a good candidate for liposculpting and BBL.  Additional photos would have more helpful.  Seek a plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of these procedures, has great reviews and photos, and is an expert in this field.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon

Achieving an hour glass shape

In a BBL, liposuction and fat grafting are used to enhance shape and proportions just as you have suggested. Based on the one photo you have provided, I think you could benefit from this procedure. Very often, liposuction is performed in the area just inferior to the waist (the 'love-handles') and this fat is then transferred in to the buttocks to create more projection and perhaps a little more width at that level. 

Owen Reid, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

A "BBL" Brazilian butt lift harvest fat from areas ( Liposuction ) with the fat removed from the areas using your own fat it transfer to the buttocks and into the hips.The common donor sites for this procedure is your posterior waist/flanks, lateral thighs, back, waist, and anterior tummy. This is a safe and effective way to contour the lower body.

The recommended BMI is less than 30. This is the recommendation of the American society of plastic surgery. The reason simply, is increased chance of complications. These include but limited to, pulmonary embolus, deep venous thrombosis, delayed wound healing and increase infection rate.

When you're looking for a cosmetic procedure you find a surgeon that has been certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who is highly experience in Brazilian Butt Lifts.  choose one wisely.  Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. and free Face to face consultation.

BBL Possibilities

I would argue that you already have a bit of an hourglass shape - your waist has a bit of definition already. That said, the best way to determine what is possible is to look at before and after actual patient photos from board certified plastic surgeons.

Find "before" photos that best matches your body type and shape and then look at those after photos to see whether you like the results or not.

Best wishes!

Ricardo L. Rodriguez, MD