When you do the BBL, can they add fat to the hips as well?

BBLamd hips

Dear Jasmine,

The beauty of BBL is that allows you to fill the buttock area exactly where you wish to.

Just as an example, the butt implants can only be placed within the muscle layer and can not reach as lateral as the hips.

The fat instead can be injected anywhere to contour your buttocks exactly as you wish to. The main limit is the volume of fat you have available and - depending on the result you aim for - you might have to consider two stages surgery.

I usually show my patients pleanty of before&after pictures and this helps very much in understanding what kind of results we need to go for.

I would recommend to find a UK or European board certified plastic surgeon with clear interest and experience in buttock of surgery.

I hope you found this answer useful and I wish you the best of luck with your BBL.

London Plastic Surgeon

BBL

If you have adequate amounts of fat pockets to distribute to the buttocks and hip areas then yes, this can be performed. I would recommend that you schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon so they can perform a physical examination and review of your medical history to determine whether you are a good candidate to undergo this elective cosmetic procedure. When I perform a BBL, I will evaluate the patient’s body to make sure that they are a good candidate for the Brazilian butt lift. It will also be assessed as to which areas will be liposuctioned. Depending on the amount of fat necessary to fill the buttocks/hip area, multiple donor sites on the body may be considered. After liposuction has been performed, a closed sterile system is used which ensures the fat tissue is never exposed to the air. This keeps it safe and purified for reinjection into the buttocks/hips. Our plastic surgery office uses P188, a triple-wash antibiotic that sterilizes the tissue and separates the healthy fat from any tissue that may not survive the transfer process. I will then reinject the fat to make sure that the layering is done properly, effectively and that the results are smooth and shapely. I hope this helps.
Best of luck in your endeavors!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Absolutely

Nearly a decade ago I had a patient with a large abdominal area, small buttocks and narrow hips ask me about widening her hips during her BBL and so I injected remaining fat carefully into the “trochanteric fat pad,” or “saddlebag” area, which is an area that normally carries fat in women. 

The results were impressive, because just as narrowing the waist enhances the buttock, widening a narrow hip also enhances the buttock. When the two (narrowing the waist and widening a narrow hip) are done together, the whole body, not just the butt, is transformed. The result was dramatic, even from the front view.

Ricardo L. Rodriguez, MD

A "BBL" Brazilian butt lift harvest fat from areas ( Liposuction ) with the fat removed from the areas using your own fat it transfer to the buttocks and into the hips.The common donor sites for this procedure is your posterior waist/flanks, lateral thighs, back, waist, and anterior tummy.  This is a safe and effective way to contour the lower body.

The recommended BMI is less than 30. This is the recommendation of the American society of plastic surgery. The reason simply, is increased chance of complications. These include but limited to, pulmonary embolus, deep venous thrombosis, delayed wound healing and increase infection rate.

When you're looking for a cosmetic procedure you find a surgeon that has been certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who is highly experience in Brazilian Butt Lifts.  choose one wisely.  Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. and free Face to face consultation.

Rami Ghurani, MD