Follicular unit extraction for keratosis pilaris

Hi, I have tried just about everything to treat my keratosis pilaris, with lasting results only recently. I started receiving electrolysis which really helped, I guess because now there is no hair for the keratin to block? But electrolysis takes so long (like 10 seconds per hair) and maybe about 1/2 the hairs treated disappeared for good. The scarring with body hair FUE looks nonexistent, and the machine looks like it moves fast. Is FUE for keratosis pilaris/other follicle disorders possible?

Electrolysis may be slow but if it works in your case there is nothing wrong with it. FUE will cause scarring.

Electrolysis may be slow but if it works in your case there is nothing wrong with it.  FUE will cause scarring.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Keratosis pilaris

This is a benign condition. The use of punch removal is possible, but I would rather you contact a dermatologist for this condition

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon