I'm thinking about having ptosis and bleph surgery. Could having these two surgeries together help my ptosis?

I have congenital ptosis. I'm 34 years old. When I get tired or excited my eye gets uncontrollably bigger than the other. Kind of like a rag doll. When I look down one eye lid will look down and the other will look wide open. Also, Im only 34 and my eyelids are making me look old. Almost as if there's too much lid.

Congenital ptosis plus aging

Congenital ptosis can be a challenge to fix long term, but there are definitely things that can be done to improve your eyelid symmetry. This often comes with a conservative amount of skin resection (blepharoplasty if needed) and is easy to do. The trick with eyes is exactly what you said, since they are the Windows to your brain, the level of eyelid opening is controlled largely by your brain, regardless of where a surgeon would surgically set it. With surgical correction in the hands of someone experienced with eyelids, this does tend to even out over time,
See a board certified surgeon for an in person consultation. Best of luck to you!

Pasadena Plastic Surgeon

Your photos are not ideal.

You should have what is needed to get the best possible result.  This is usually combining ptosis surgery with blepharoplasty.  Your history warrants careful assessment not a drive by consultation.  Congenital ptosis is tricky.  Your ability to have a true improvement will be a function of how well your heavy eyelid works.  If the excursion is limited, then what can be accomplished with surgery is limited.  You deserve an honest assessment and the truth about what can be expected.  It is heart breaking to be promised the sky, the moon, and the stars and for the result to be much less than what was promised.  Look for a very experienced oculoplastic surgeon for this type of care.

Ptosis

Ptosis requires a full medical evaluation by an experienced ophthalmologist or occuloplastic surgeon.  They may use medications to determine the amount of ptosis due to the muscles in the eye, and which specific treatment would be helpful for you.  In general, ptosis surgery and blepharoplasty can be performed at the same time if indicated.
Best wishes

Daniel J. Givens, MD
Dubuque Facial Plastic Surgeon

Having upper eyelid ptosis and blepharoplasty surgery together.

Congenital ptosis is a complicated issue, especially in an adult. I think ptosis surgery by a trained eyelid specialist will give you the most benefit, but adding blepharoplasty will definitely enhance your cosmetic outcome.

Jeffrey M. Joseph, MD
Newport Beach Oculoplastic Surgeon

Congenital ptosis surgery in an adult

Yes, you appear to be a good candidate for ptosis surgery (muscle tightening to lift the eyelid) plus blepharoplasty (skin removal). See an oculoplastic specialist for in person evaluation.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon