Am I too skinny to get a fat transfer to butt?? (Photos)

I had liposuction a year ago on upper and lower abdomen, flanks, and waist. I lost 25 pounds. I weigh 118-120 and I am 5'5. Do I have enough fat to transfer to my butt?? I would like lipo done from all areas possible. I do not want lipo from outer sides of thighs because I want the pear shape yet will consider it if it would not destroy my curves. Please respond.

Too skinny for fat grafting

To make a significant difference fat grafting a buttocks, you'd have to put in way more than you have to suction/harvest.   Not a good idea - a buttocks implant would be a better bet for you.

Thin patient with previous liposuction now wants Fat Transfer Buttocks

It is really unfortunate you had the previous liposuction because a lot of good "building material" was thrown away.  From the photos you provided it appears you could harvest fat from the thighs and lower back. The result would give a little rounding and lift to the buttocks but no real change in size. Since the fat you still retain has no negative impact on your appearance and is not enough to have significant results for body augmentation you you may consider not doing anything and use it when you are older for face contouring. 

Curtis Perry, MD
Downey Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fat grafting for BBL

Congratulations on your weight loss!  However, it does not appear you have enough excess fat to allow for any significant fat grafting to your buttock area. You may find someone who is willing to do the surgery but I would guess the amount of fat they obtained and transfer to the buttock area will be minimal.

Do you homework and make sure you see several plastic surgeons in consultation before proceeding with any surgery.

Jacqueline Anne Luong, MD, FACS
Edina Plastic Surgeon

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting -- BBL CANDIDATE?

anyone is a candidate to get fat transferred to the buttock.  The real question is do you have enough fat to give a significant change, the answer is prob no.  However, most of my patients want body sculpting and definition and we can do that on someone athletic like you.  Whatever fat is there can be used for transfer and also combined with sculptra/PRP to get more optimal outcomes for buttock.  OR you can consider a buttock implant but sculpting on the rest of your body.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Am I too skinny to get a fat transfer to butt??

You should remember that cosmetic surgery is a  form of commerce where services are exchanged for money. If you point to something to enough people someone will want to  operate on it. I share the opinion that you look pretty good and don't have enough fat to put into your butt to make a sizeable difference.

Val Lambros, MD, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Am I too skinny for bbl

Hello and thank you for your question .  I think you look too good for a bbl. You seem to have gotten an excellent result from your first liposuction .  I would strongly suggest that you seriously consider no further surgery .  I have seen many patients like yourself who have beautiful figures, having responded well to liposuction ,  but wanting to go the extra mile to look even better only to run into unwanted complications . 

Peter Fisher M.D 

Peter Fisher, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

BBL

Thank you for the question and you are at an excellent BMI and consequently probably do not have enough fat to have a significant impact for a BBL but clearly an in person examination is needed to make an accurate determination.  So see some experts in the area

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

BBL

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a candidate for waistline contouring liposuction of your abdomen, flanks, and lower back and fat grafting to your buttocks.  This can improve your overall shape with a smaller waist.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD