Possible to get scar revision on chest with good results if you stay still after and use all modern aftercare products? (Photos)

I have two circular 1.5cm diameter hypertrophic scars on my chest from mole excision when I was 14. I am now 28. Being young I moved a lot while healing so they did not heal well. The surgeon did not use silicone sheets or give me any creams, just stitches. I have the next few months off work and can be immobile while they heal this time, and can use modern scar reduction methods not common 15 years ago. Can I get a better result than just laser removal + hair transplant, taking all precautions?

Old Chest scars

Thank you for your photos. Scars continue to mature and improve over a year but don't change much after that. Your scars at this point are unlikely to change on their own. They appear to be flat but with some hyperpigmentation and loss of  hair. For these scars, a surgical excision and convert your scar from a round area to a thin line and improve its appearance. You can then optimize this new "replacement" scar with various topical options such as silicone-based strips or gels and most importantly - keep them out of the sun. Other treatments such as microneedling work well but only if necessary as your scar continues to heal. Hair loss is more difficult to treat and if it is still an issue, then you may benefit from hair tranplanation into the scar tissue to help camoflauge the area. For the best treatment options, it is important to visit an expert for an in-person examination. Hope this helps!

Johnson C. Lee MD

Plastic Surgery

Beverly Hills Physician

Scar revision

You can get a scar revision of your chest scar which will leave you with an incision line that you can optimize healing using silicone sheeting.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Easy Recovery Scar Recovery--Scar Removal Treatment: Lasers, Steroids

No need to be immobile with recovery! Hair transplant may work to improve the appearance, but this can also be treated with 5fu/steroid injections and lasers (yellow, pulsed dye, vbeam, fraxel, Co2) if its enlarged. Please see an expert in lasers and scars.   Best, Dr. Emer.