How long is it suitable to wait for chickenpox scar healing before going for any treatment? (Photos)

Its said that early scars when treated give better results. I had chicken pox on 18th of sept'16. I had total 9 scabs on my face out of which two are still there . As the scabs fall they leave behind a slight depressed shiny brownish pink skin.( Note the skin is shiny there like it needs to come off)Should i wait to see if the scars heal and skin peels off naturally or go for scar treatment at earliest. My derm has prescribed t bact(mupirocin) for post scab inflammation. Please advice.

When is the Time To Treat--Chicken Pox Scars Treatment, Subcision, Bellafill

You can have an evaluation now. You can get some good improvement with subcision and bellafill filler injections, but you would need to be completely healed. I suggest seeing a cosmetic dermatologist with experience in scar treatments for a formal evaluation. Best, Dr. Emer

Ematrix RF and subcision for chicken pox scars

I would recommend a combination protocol that includes ematrix RF, fractional laser, subcision, and fillers. 

Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS