Can poking/manipulating my nose years later affect rhinoplasty revision results? (Photo)

So I inserted my index finger on one side, and my thumb on the other, up to the first knuckle, and *gently* squeezed my septum, because I wanted to feel the remaining deviation on the lower portion of my nose. I did this for around 10 min. Can this shift any internal sutures or cartilage on the tip? I'm afraid my tip might look droopier due to this. My closed revision rhinoseptoplasty was done 3 years ago. I don't know how delicate my nose can be this far out the surgery. Thank you

Touching the inside of you nose after Rhinoplasty

Since the nose lies in a prominent position on our faces it is inevitable that it will be touched, manipulated and rubbed. With your description of gentle manipulation it is unlikely that you would have affected the results of your rhinoplasty, especially after 3 years.  However, if you experience any pain or you see visible changes I suggest you follow up with your surgeon for evaluation.  Good luck.

Rhinoplasty

It wouldn't be a good idea to manipulate the inside of your nose.  You can certainly do harm by doing that.  I recommend that you see a facial plastic surgeon who can examine your nose (inside and outside) thoroughly.

Sunny Park, MD, MPH
Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Septorhinoplasty Concerns

Dear SkylarS, I would see a surgeon for an intra-nasal examination if you have concerns with remaining deviation. It is never a good idea to manipulate the nose by putting your fingers in your nose for multiple reasons. See your surgeon for a follow up to answer any of your concerns. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Rhinoplasty and touching your nose

Rhinoplasty is a surgery to improve the shape of the nose for breathing or appearance.

Touching the nose is something everyone does. Excessive touching, squeezing, picking, or manipulating the nose is not a good idea as you can introduce bacteria to the nose. This should be avoided especially while your nose is healing from a rhinoplasty. An infection would be catastrophic. After your nose is healed, normal contact is fine. Unless you pull hard enough to feel a tear, cause bleeding, or persistent pain, it's unlike you've done anything to change the result. If there is any questions, I recommend returning to your surgeon who can evaluate your nose. Safety comes first. 

Victor Chung, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon