Can my nose be turned into Johnny Depp's nose and would it be OK on my face? (Photo)

Do I need surgery? I know my nose is really asymmetric because of the things that I've done constantly...I'm trying really hard to make my nose smaller and sharp aand symmetric like Johnny Depp, Im pinching it.....but I don't know if I'm doing right or wrong..and I assumed that I'm doing wrong... And I know my face is long and asymetric too. So Im trying Dr Mike Mew's technique, I want my face symmetric and square and good-looking!! So yeah I am posting my pictures please help me...thank you!

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for the question and photos and I would go on complimentary consultations with experts who will take your photo digitally then with your input alter it to show you what is and what is not possible and how it might be accomplished.  Then compare photos and fees and find your surgeon.

Dr. Corbin

Celebrity Nose

You are at the highest risk for dissatisfaction: a young male patient who wants a celebrity nose. The key to your happiness is understanding that no one can guarantee you any result, especially something as subjective as another person's nose on your face. Instead, if you focus on your nose, and the possible improvements that will occur with a rhinoplasty, you might be happy after surgery. There are no non-surgical techniques to achieve facial symmetry. Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Rhinoplasty

The short answer to the Johnny Depp question is no. You can have a better version of your nose, to have some features like Depp's nose but you cannot have his nose. Everyone is different and the nose is a very complex structure that cannot be drawn or created from scratch. we can only work with you have. Having said that, a rhinoplasty can give you more refinement and some good changes that you may like. Good luck

Jeffrey Jumaily, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty Candidate with Goal Nose Johnny Depps

Dear leevinmichel, I would not pinch your nose and apply pressure to the cartilages in hopes of changing their shape. I would suggest instead that you seek consultation with an expert rhinoplasty surgeon who can show you the proposed changes that can be made to your nose with digital imaging and this will give you a good idea of what rhinoplasty surgery can achieve for you. Taking into consideration your nasal anatomy and skin thickness you should be able to achieve a nose similar to Johnny Depps. No nose is going to be exactly the same as a desired celebrities nose however narrowing your bridge, slightly reducing the dorsal hump, and refining the tip should provide you with a nose that will balance your profile and enhance your overall facial aesthetics. Make sure that your surgeon performs natural looking rhinoplasty results. See examples in the link below and video above. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Can my nose be turned into Johnny Depp's nose and would it be OK on my face?

No one ever "needs" a rhinoplasty. It is an elective procedure
and only you can determine if your nasal features concern you enough to do
something about improving the cosmetic appearance of your nose and whether it
would be worthwhile

While it is possible to cosmetically improve the appearance of your nose with an artistically performed rhinoplasty, if you fully expect to get a nose exactly like someone else, you will be disappointed in your final result. If any one promises that you can achieve that exact result, I would be wary. 

Keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you what to do based on a limited two dimensional photo without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or facial plastic surgeon (ENT) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Nose change

Your nose can be converted by improving tip support with cartilage support as well as defatting of your nasal tip region. A consultation is necessary to provide you more details and pricing.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Rhinoplasty and someone else's nose

Rhinoplasty is a surgery to improve the shape of the nose for breathing or appearance.

Frequently, patients bring photos of a celebrity's nose to their consultation. This is helpful to give me some perspective about the changes a patient may desire. What's more important is creating a nose that matches the proportions of your face. It needs to be in balance with your forehead and chin. 

I recommend a consultation so your surgeon can ask you questions, examine your nose, and perform a photoanalysis. I like to use 3D computer simulation to get on the same page as my patient regarding their goals. I can then present potential changes that would appropriate for a safe and happy result. Safety comes first. 

Victor Chung, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

First, you already are a good looking guy. A rhinoplasty can give you the ideal nose for your individual face so while it can be a great tool to bring in photos of noses that you like, I would encourage you not to get fixated on someone else's nose. It can only lead to disappointment.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon