Cast fallen off after rhinoplasty. What can I do?

Hi today I washed my face I tried to avoid the cast tape but accidently I make it yet and now it fall a part and removed is it fine? It's been a week since my surgery ,hospital closed due to holiday 4 days off my next appointment on Thursday

Rhinoplasty splint

Typically I leave my splints in place for 7 days.  The splint helps keep the nasal bones in position.  It should be OK that its fallen off given that you are a week out from surgery, but I would recommend you give your surgeon a call to inform the office of what has happened.
All the best!

Towson Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty Splint Removal

If your rhinoplasty splint (or cast) falls off after surgery, prior to your surgeon removing it, you should call your surgeon. It is sometimes important to keep either a splint or tape on the nose for an extended period of time in order to decrease swelling. Therefore, your surgeon may want to replace the splint or apply tape, both things that can easily be done in the office.

Robert Morin, MD, FACS

What To Do After Hours If There Is A Problem With Rhinoplasty

Your doctor should absolutely have a way to contact him or her via answering service.  We surgeons are the type that are generally always accessible.  In my own practice, I have an answering service for after hours, and I and my staff are typically also available via email.  We always appreciate it when our patients call with questions about preserving the results we work so hard to achieve!

Cast Fell Off

Since you are a week post op, you should be fine.  Contact your surgeon to exam your nose.  He should have an after hours number to call.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Cast off nose

If it has been a week since your surgery, you will probably be fine even though your splint came off. However, I would keep trying to contact your surgeon's office, because everyone has slightly different protocols, and your surgeon may need to examine your nose. Good luck!

Mark Been, MD
Barrington Facial Plastic Surgeon