Is it okay to have micro-needling treatment after fillers injection?

I want to get fillers in my cheeks, chin and under eyes. Is it okay to have microneedling treatment in the area of the fillers?

Micro-needling in the area of filler injections

Yes, it is perfectly fine to have micro-needling done even on the same day as filler injections. I agree it is better to do the fillers after the micro-needling treatment.
Regarding Dr. Kaplan's comment about preferring fractional laser resurfacing to micro-needling, medical micro-needling, when properly done and combined with effective skin care products such as human growth-factor serums, can give as good or better results than fractionated laser treatments and at a fraction of the cost! Micro-needling works by stimulating the skin to trigger the release of growth factors to create more collagen and elastic fibers, resulting in thicker, healthier looking skin. Lasers can only work by damaging the skin to cause the same effect.

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Microneedling after dermal fillers

It is totally fine to have them done on the same day.  Which goes first depends on the level of the filler injections.  For examples, tear trough and cheek filler is placed right on the bone so the order does not matter.  If filler is being placed in the dermis (like lines around the mouth in a smoker), I would do the filler last.
Hope that helps!
Dr. Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Volume fillers after microneedling

It is best to wait for skin to heal after microneedling before volume fillers are injected. 

There are many treatments and combining best will give you the best outcome. Combination treatment will be needed like Clear + Brilliant laser, microneedling and eMatrix.

Microneedling + PRP is better than microneedling alone.

Dr H Karamanoukian
#RealSelf100 Member

Microneedling after injections

To insure optimum results and to not disrupt the initial procedure, we actually prefer our patients to wait at least two weeks post injectables to have a microneedling procedure.

Microneedling after Fillers

With any treatment that has the potential to disrupt or penetrate the dermis, we would want to do the fillers as the last step.  

We prefer fractional laser resurfacing to microneedling, but always place the dermal fillers after the resurfacing treatments.  

To see examples of laser resurfacing and dermal filler before and after photos, click the link below.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD