Can kenalog injection be used to treat strip scar camouflaged using FUE?

My strip scar is elevated, and I plan to fix it with kenalog injection. However, I fear cortisone injection can cause loss of transplanted hair on the scar.

Kenalog and scars

Yes, a series of Kenalog injections can reduce the strip scars if they are hypertrophic or keloid.   There might be a possibility that the steroid my result in loss of graphs all be it a small possibility. 

Beverly Hills Hair Restoration Surgeon

Kenalog injection is a corticosteroid injection. It does not make the width of the scar smaller. It is used to flatten

Kenalog injection is a corticosteroid injection.  It does not make the width of the scar smaller.  It is used to flatten raised scars.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Kenalog for raised scars

Kenalog can sometimes trigger a telogen effluvium or shedding of hairs but it is not common. The main effective is to flatten the scar. 

Use of Kenelog

The use f Kenelog on elevated scars can reduce the elevation. It often takes multiple injections over months separation, It should not impact the FUE grafts in the scar, but that is nevertheless a risk

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon