Injections for flat male nipple?

Hello. I had one side gynecomestia surgery 4 years ago, and resulted that my nipple is completly flat. Is there anything that can be injected to make it stand out. Thank youi

Injections to Correct Flat Male Nipple

Your incisions will go through a maturation #process after gynecomastia surgery. For the first few months they will be red and possibly raised and/or firm. As the scar matures, after 6-12 months, it becomes soft, pale, flat, and much less noticeable. You may experience numbness, tingling, burning, “crawling”, or other peculiar sensations around the surgical area. This is a result of the #healing of tiny fibers which are trapped in the incision site. These symptoms will disappear. Some people are prone to keloids, which is an abnormal scar that becomes prominent. If you or a blood relative has a tendency to keloid formation, please inform the doctor.

Also, as you heal, the area may feel “lumpy” and irregular. This, too, decreases with time, and massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. The #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin. If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff. It's possible the indentations can be addressed with cosmetic filler(s) if eligible. 

Flat nipple

It is definitely necessary for you to consult in-person with an experienced plastic surgeon.  However, flattening of the nipple area after gynecomastia surgery may be due to scarring or over resection, or both.  It is usually correctible with scar release, fat injections, or sometimes both.

Jeffrey D. Wagner, MD

Flat nipple correction

Generally, this is easy to correct.  Be sure to seek out  a board certified plastic surgeon.  Fat can often be used to add volume below the nipple.  Sometimes, as the prior surgeon mentioned, scar tissue can be released.  More common questions about gynecomastia are answered in the attached video.

Tim Neavin, MD

Nipple Elevation Possible.

Thankfully, there are several options to elevate the nipple. 
Fillers, either off the shelf, or autologous (your own) fat is available.  
Sometimes, some scar release (subcision) is needed to release the scarred tissue from its deep attachments.  

Flat nipple

The short answer is yes, there are ways to correct a flat nipple. I would suggest that you see your original surgeon and get his/her opinion. Some of the options might include a technique called fat grafting, or injecting fillers.

Terry E. Restivo, DO
Napa Physician

Flat nipple

Thank you for your question and your nipple depression can be corrected by one of several techniques but an examination is need.  So see some experts in your area

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Male breast reduction

Yes, there are things that can be injected to create nipple projection. Fat grafting is one option, and there are other temporary fillers such as radiesse which would also be appropriate. I would find a plastic surgeon who does breast reconstruction and they will be very familiar with these techniques periodGood luck!

Mark T. Boschert, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon