I have a scar on the bridge of my nose I was wondering if there was anything I can do to help the appearance of it? (photos)

I have a scar on the bridge of my nose I was wondering if there was anything I can do to help the appearance of it? I had nose surgery like 4-5 years ago I was wondering if we could do anything to help the appearance of my scar and how much would the procedure cost?

Nose scar

Thank you for your photos. For older scars that have plateaued in their improvement, microneedling, fractionated laser, and radiofrequency make microscopic holes in the scar to stimulate your body to remodel and fill in the scar with new collagen. In your particular case, it appears the skin edges from the initial wound did not line up perfectly flat. You may also want to consider a surgical re-excision to start over with a fresh, thinner and flatter scar to improve its appearance. For the best treatment options, it is important to visit an expert for an in-person examination. Hope this helps!

Beverly Hills Physician

Scar treatment

There are many ways to treat a scar. Treatments can range from non-invasive (lasers, fillers, microneedling) to invasive (surgery) procedures. When scars are bad enough for a plastic surgeon to treat, it usually entails a scar excision/revision. That means cutting the scar out and trading it for a better scar. Your scar appears to be indented because the dermis is thinned out. A scar excision will remove the scar with the thin dermis and the revision would get good thick dermis to dermis together. That would give it the best chance of healing properly. Find a good plastic surgeon in your area for an evaluation.

Chester K. Cheng, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Treatment of deep nasal and facial scars in Los Angeles

Our office specializes in facial scars. I would suggest a surgical scar revision that is then followed by fractional lasers, ematrix RF, IIT, and topical therapy. 

Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Lots of Options for Scar On Nose: Lasers, Subcision, Microneedling/PRP

There are a combination of treatments that can help: lasers, microneedling/prp, subcision, fillers and tattooing. Cost will vary, but I suggest seeing a laser and scarring expert for a consultation.  Best, Dr. Emer.