Will a filler smoothen out my indented chicken pox scar? (photos)

Since the age of nine, I have had an ugly indentation on my cheek - near my nasolaboal line - caused by chicken pox. I am 28 today and eager to make it less visible. While only temporary, would a filler help? I have read about subcision, but since I am currently on Accutane I do not know whether this is an option for me.

Chicken pox scars

I would use a combination of fillers, subcision, Ematrix RF, and fractional lasers to help smooth out the scars on your cheek. 

Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Thank you for posting your question. Fillers can elevate the depressed skin and help blending the scar to the surrounding skin. Hyaluronic acid fillers such as Juverderm and Restylane usually give consistent results and can last about six months. Best of luck.

Jan Zemplenyi, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chicken Pox Scar

Often a small amount of filler will do very nicely to fix an indentation such as yours.  Please consult an expert in acne scars for the best cosmetic results.  Best, Dr. Green