Can I achieve a Megan Fox style nose (defined nasal bridge) with rhinoplasty while still preserving my ethnicity? (Photo)

I have a curved Indian nose and an undefined nasal bridge. I want to define the bridge and straighten the hump. I love Megan Fox/Olivia Culpo's defined bridges but they are too thin for my face/ethnicity. I am ok with keeping a slightly thicker nose. I've attached pictures of myself and the kind of nose I would like. They are a bit thicker and more ethnic than Megan Fox's nose, yet still defined. Can I realistically achieve this goal for my nose via rhinoplasty?

Indian nose

Your nose is not curved very much, but it does have a bump and bulbous tip.  Feminization with rhinoplasty can definitely help.  Skin thickness does affect the end result.  Good luck and I hope this helps!

Can I achieve a Megan Fox style nose (defined nasal bridge) with rhinoplasty while still preserving my ethnicity?

I think that you can get close to that appearance.  The skin thickness will be the ultimate determinant of the level of refinement.

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question and the photos you have posted. First of all I would suggest seeing a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. You can definitely achieve the look you have mentioned. I would seek a Surgeon that has performed the kind of Rhinoplasty you desire. Look through photos and do your research. 

We wish you the best of luck!

Peter Newen, MD

Achieving a Megan Fox/Olivia Culpo Nose

Yes you can better define your bridge, eliminate the nasal hump and refine your tip while maintaining your ethnicity. Consult with an experienced rhinoplasty specialist whose noses you like and carefully describe your goals which are realistic.

Realistic about nose

You can definitely achieve the nose that you want; the fact that you don't want your nose as pointy makes achieving your desired nose even more realistic. 

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Absolutely with SCARLESS CLOSED RHINOPLASTY - what the Celebrities turn to.

Scarless Rhinoplasty is absolutely the answer.   This is the approach all celebrities, models and actresses take because there is no external cuts or scarring.  The goal is to refine the nose, not drastically change the nose.  By doing subtle refinements we are able to finesse the sculpt the nose to match your face perfectly.  We can permanently contour your nose!  By doing this via a scarless (closed) approach, there are no external cuts ever on your nose.  This prevents the dreaded complication of external scarring at the base of the nose, which even if rare, if it occurs, is devastating.  Through a scarless approach you can accomplish almost everything needed to be done to the nose with no scarring, less healing time, less bruising, and less swelling.     

For your nose you would need exactly what you are envisioning with refinement of your bridge, bones and nasal tip.  

Do consult a board certified plastic surgeon who performscarless rhinoplasty as 100% of his/her surgical practice and does hundreds of these procedures a year especially on celebrities and Indian background skin.

All the best!

Deepak Dugar, MD
Scarless Rhinoplasty Expert
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Deepak Raj Dugar, MD

Rhinoplasty

Thanks for your question and photos. You can definitely improve your nose in the aspects you mentioned. A rhinoplasty can achieve all that. Like you said, getting close to Fox nose is not realistic and doesn't fit you. The only major limitation is skin thickness. Good luck.  

Jeffrey Jumaily, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Defined nasal bridge

A significant limiting factor in rhinoplasty results is a patient's native skin thickness. "Ethnic" rhinoplasty results can differ significantly from those in a Caucasian patient due to the inherent difference in skin thickness. That being said, even within ethnicities there can be a large array of difference in skin thickness as well. 

If you are looking to take down a dorsal hump, this will reduce the height of the nose on profile and frontal view, and when things are made shorter in height, they can end up looking less defined. Your nose looks like enough height can be maintained to maintained though. The tip of your nose can be narrowed to help reduce the fullness there and to create a more balanced line. However, you do need to be cautious in overly narrowing the tip as you do not want to compromise your breathing. Take your time moving forward with this, and always make sure you get all your questions answered!

Good luck!

Haena Kim, MD
Walnut Creek Facial Plastic Surgeon

Can I get a nose similar to Megan fox?

yes, you can have a nose that is similar to hers but with slightly thicker skin.  See a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who does natural noses and can straighten your nose, narrow your nose, refine your tip etc.  Choose a surgeon who does natural noses and not the overdone look. Do not rely on imaging but rather results. 

Ethnic rhinoplasty

Thank you for your photos. It is definitely reasonable to have a straight, smooth, and defined nasal bridge without losing your ethnicity. It is good to hear that you understand how noses differ across ethnicities and that an excellent result is different depending on your ethnicity and your facial proportions. To achieve your desired look, you would require osteotomies (breaking and repositioning the nasal bones) as well as some cartilage resection and manipulation to smoothen and define some of the featuers of your nose while keeping it natural and appropriate for your facial features. Hope this helps!

Johnson C. Lee, MD
Beverly Hills Physician