Rhinoplasty for a v shaped nose, big flared nostrils. Any suggestions? (photos)

What can be done to change my v shaped nose with big nostrils that widen and pull back when I smile that shaped like a heck.. Open or closed and could I get my ideal nose picture ??

Dear Charity10SDA, A consultation and examination aided with digital imaging will provide you the opportunity to see your proposed results taking into consideration your facial anatomy. In rhinoplasty and especially ethnic rhinoplasty you want to make sure and balance the patients overall facial aesthetics to provide a natural looking result. The rhinoplasty technique used will be determined by the surgeon that you pick. It is best to choose a surgeon for their expertise and then allow them to make the determination of approach. Also during consultation you will have the opportunity to review the surgeons before and after photographs and look at many noses that are similar to yours. You have very typical concerns that I see in my office quite frequently and patients have remarkable outcomes with rhinoplasty surgery. Examples of how rewarding this procedure can be are shown on the link below and a similar appearing nose in the video above. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Rhinoplasty will improve but not totally erradicate your concerns. Choice between open vs closed rhinoplasty is strictly surgeon dependent. You rhinoplasty can be done either way.

Vasdev Rai, MD

Rhinoplasty for V-Shaped Nose

Your hump can be removed, the tip elevated narrowed, tip projection decreased, and the nasal base reduced with a closed rhinoplasty procedure. 

Closed rhinoplasty candidate

A closed rhinoplasty approach can accomplish shaving down the dorsal home, lifting the tip, and releasing the depressor septi ligament which pulls the tip down when smiling. The nostrils can be reduced/ narrowed with an alar-plasty. Digital computer imaging at the time of the consultation would be helpful to give an understanding of what can be accomplished with your nose. For more information and many examples, please see the video and the link below

Rhinoplasty for plunging tip

Thank you for submitting your photos. Your complaints are something that I see often. I would consider an open rhinoplasty with rotation of your nasal tip, slight shortening of your nose and likely nostril rim reduction to minimize nostril flare. 
I think seeking out a surgeon with 3D imaging could really improve your ability to understand what is possible with your anatomy.  This allows the surgeon to simulate your post op result and communicate more clearly about what is possible. 
Good luck!!

Jon Kurkjian, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon