1 month post op and my nose looks upturned. I look like a pig? Is this permanent?

Nasal irregularity during the healing process

Thank you for the question. It is rather difficult to fully evaluate your situation without an in-person examination and in the absence of photos. However, I can assure you that some swelling and irregularity is not uncommon after rhinoplasty. In some cases, it may take up to 6 months for the healing process to complete and for your brand new nose to "settle." If you have concerns, an in-person exam with a board-certified plastic surgeon is always the best way to assess your needs and obtain reliable medical advice. Best of luck! Dr. Michael Omidi.

1 month post op and my nose looks upturned.

Thank you for your questions, 1 month post op this is normal for your nose to look this way because it is still very swollen and you will 3months to 6 months  for the nose to look natural and you will then start to see the results.

Too early..

One month is too early to tell what you final result will be, so you should wait at least another 8 to 12 months from the date of you surgery to allow more healing.  At the same time if you post you photos we will give you more accurate recommendations.  Please review the before/after photos of the surgeon who operated on you to see if the results look upturned to give you an indication of what your nose will look like.

Andre Aboolian, MD

Upturned nose one month after a rhinoplasty

I warn all my patients undergoing a rhinoplasty whether it is a primary or revision, that their nose will look upturned and somewhat "piggy" for at least two weeks after the surgery.  The nose will continue to settle for a few months after. At this stage, seek reassurance from your plastic surgeon and  perhaps even have him perform a Kenalog or dilute steroid injection above the tip to take away some of the postoperative swelling which can, in and of itself, give the appearance of an overly upturned nose.  No revisional surgery should be contemplated for at least six months after the original surgery.

Randal Haworth, MD, FACS