Rhinoplasty left me with upturned piggy nose with bulbous tip? (Photos)

I had rhinoplasty 5 weeks ago to straighten a broken nose I am pleased with the straightening the nose bridge but the tip of my nose looks bulbous and bigger than before and now goes up looks piggy at the end. Surgeon said day after op he taped the end so not to worry about up turn. This has not improved and I hate it. I look totally different. Will this go?

Rhinoplasty left me with upturned piggy nose with bulbous tip?

This will improve certainly. The unknown is how much your nasal tip will reduce in size and how much your nasal tip will rotate downward. This depends upon the technique used and your healing process. You are still early in the healing process and can expect improvement over time. Keep in close contact with your surgeon as they can address your concerns most accurately. Best. 

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question. I agree with your surgeon in that you should remain patient and follow your recovery guidelines diligently. Your nose and tip will continue to change up to the 9 to 12 month post op mark and, sometimes even longer as each patient has a different recovery process. Please consult with your board certified facial plastic surgeon throughout your recovery.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty swelling

It's quite common and expected for the soft tissue covering the nose to swell after surgery.  This swelling often contributes to an overly full nasal tip appearance and a tip that looks overly rotated.  Keep in touch with your surgeon to discuss your concerns, and know that the nose will change as the swelling resolves over the next few months.  It can take up to a year+ for every last bit of swelling to be gone.  Good luck in your recovery!

Inessa Fishman, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon