What are the techniques used to reduce and define supra alar crease? (Photo)

I'm just curious. I belive that when I look at before and afters that that particular piece of the nose is never touched but in my particular case my nose is shaped like a wide based triangle. I need definition of this crease to get the small rectangular shape I want. Amongst other things, tip, dorsal, etcetc. I'd like to just focus on my crease inquiry. Thank you. It just seems like... In this day and age we should be able to get the surgery we want?

Rhinoplasty techniques

It's important to focus on the entire nose when considering a rhinoplasty procedure, not just the supra-alar crease. There are 100s of techniques of cartilage removal, cartilage grafting, and suture techniques that can be used. It's very important to have realistic expectations about what can and cannot be accomplished with a rhinoplasty procedure.

Numerous techniques

Hello. There are hundreds of techniques that can be implemented to change the shape of the nostril crease. Which technique is right for you depends on the surgeon and on the specifics of your anatomy. This can only be answered after a thorough physical examination. 

Marcelo Ghersi, MD