I am now 3 months post closed Rhinoplasty - the dorsum of my nose is still painful to touch - is this normal ?

Swelling , some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.  Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity. In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months. To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you. Kind regards,  Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Rhinoplasty recovery

Hello, I would recommend following up with your surgeon as your nose heals to ensure the best outcome.

Donald B. Yoo, MD

3 months post closed Rhinoplasty - the dorsum of my nose is still painful to touch

It is not normal to have tenderness after three months following a simple rhinoplasty. If you had grafts placed in the area then tenderness often lasts longer and may exceed 3 months if grafts especially if many absorbable sutures were used. In either case discuss your situation with your surgeon.

Curtis Perry, MD
Downey Facial Plastic Surgeon

Pain and nose after a rhinoplasty

Most pain in the nose after rhinoplasty should have resolved by three months after the surgery. If the pain is slowly getting better, that is a good sign that the pain will eventually go away. If this is new pain or pain that is continue to worsen, this would be concerning and I was suggests you see your rhinoplasty surgeon for an evaluation.I hope this helps

Pain in dorsum at 3 months

No, it is not normal to have pain on the dorsum of your nose three months after surgery. Best to touch base with your surgeon.

Dorsum Painful to Touch 3 Months Post Rhininoplasty

It is not normal to have pain when touching dorsum 3 months after rhinoplasty surgery. Consult with your surgeon or get a second opinion from another rhinoplasty specialist.

Nasal dorsum still painful

Usually by 6-8 weeks the nasal bones are no longer tender. Your symptoms may indicate that the bones are still healing. You should avoid any pressure on your nasal bones to allow them to heal properly. Visiting your surgeon may be a good idea to make sure there isn't more to the story. Good luck!!

Jon Kurkjian, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon