What happens if Fat Grafting does not work? How does the body deal with it and where does the fat go?

Seen article about skinny ankles/legs and fat grafting. Advice was given to have fat grafting around the ankles.

Fat Sculpting and Results

Fat transfer is a great procedure with long lasting results. It is technique dependent and results vary upon the suregeons technique.  This procedure has come along way over the past 5 years.  It is one of the newest techniques with long lasting results.  If performed correctly, the results can be amazing.  For the longest time, the results were not there and now they are.  The fat must be harvested gently, processed carefully and then injected properly for the results to last and look good.  All facelifts in my practice all get the addition of fat transfer at the same time.  It is also used to correct problems that have occurred on the body that were not able to be corrected in the past.  This includes indentations from liposuction and tumors that have been removed.  It is now also used for breast enhancement, and buttock enlargement also.  The advantage is that it is the patient's own fat and there is no rejection factor.  I hope this helps.

Newport Beach Physician

Sculpting With Fat Transfer Is Permanent, Results Vary, Need An Expert To Ensure Good Outcomes

Fat transfer rarely migrates, and if there after 12 weeks it is there indefinitely.  Please see an expert if you are concerned.  Best, Dr. Emer.