50 ml fat was transferred. Will I end up having a balloon face? (Photos)

During the discussion doctor said over all i need 20ml fat bt he transfered 30ml left side n 20 ml right side. fat ws nt spinned bt used gravity proccedure to seperated the fluid. he said fat ws grafted in 2 layers. inside the muscle and on the tissue bed to retain more fat. its been 7 days stil i look the same as on first day. no absorption. Is this normal? i m worried. chin liposuction ws akso done.my doctor is also a plastic surgery professor in a government institute.

Fat transfer

For a thin face, 50cc of fat can be transferred throughout the face.  We usually expect about 50% of the fat to be resorbed.  And at one week you also have some significant swelling.  So much of what you are seeing now will go away.  You had a nice shape to the face before so not sure what the goal of your fat transfer was.   

Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Swelling After Fat Grafting

It may take up to a month or more for
swelling to subside after fat grafting. If you're still unhappy after
that, I'd suggest finding an expert for treatment options. Best, Dr. Emer.

50mL fat was transferred. Will I end up having a balloon face?

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs and I am sorry that your current results have caused you concern.  After any surgical procedure the operated upon tissues will have a significant amount of soft tissue swelling that will mask your long term results.  Additionally, fat graft "take" often requires 6-8 months to see what will survive. I know waiting is difficult but allow yourself a bit more time to have your results mature.  Hang in there!