What is an eye tuck? (Photo)

To tighten my face

Eye Tuck or Blepharoplasty Rejuvenates Eyes

An eye tuck or blepharoplasty will work to tighten the eye area, but will not affect the rest of your face. In upper blepharoplasty, the excess skin that causes drooping eyelids is removed. The muscle may be excised or tightened. You may require some fat removal, though from your photos it looks like you would not need it. The incision is made in the eyelid crease to hide the scar. The lower lids can also be treated, with excess skin being removed, fat repositioned to fill out hollows, and the muscles tightened.The end result is smoother skin around the eyes and a rested, rejuvenated, natural appearance. I hope this helps.

What is an eye tuck?

Hello biggs1 - Thanks for your question. An eye tuck is a procedure used to tighten loose, excess eyelid skin.  If there is excess fat, it can be removed at the same time.  It is also known as a blepharoplasty.  I would recommend that you consult with a cosmetic eyelid surgery specialist for more information. Good luck, Dr. Shah

Manish H. Shah, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Eyelid Tuck

Thank you for your question. A Blepharoplasty, or eyelid tuck, is a surgical procedure that reduces the excess skin and fatty tissue that can develop in both the upper and lower eyelids with aging in order to create a more rested appearance. I suggest that you consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon for more information and an in-person examination.Best wishes,

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

The eyelid tuck procedure

An eyelid tuck is known as a blepharoplasty procedure and can be performed on the upper lids, or the lower lids.  The primary goal for upper eyelid surgery is to remove hooded and excess skin touching the eyelashes.  The primary goal for lower eyelid surgery is to remove the fat bags creating the puffiness look.  For many examples  and more information, please see the link and the video below