What are my options for droopy/heavy eyelids in early 20s?

My eyes have always been somewhat squinchy and hooded, but recently I have noticed them seeming/feeling more droopy and heavy. My moms eyes are completely hooded and it seems like mine are starting to become that way. I feel like I have too much fat above the crease and I am not sure but I think my brows are kind of low too. Would I be a candidate for blepharoplasty or maybe Botox?

Options for early eyelid correction in young patients

I would suggest that you consider botox first to make sure you get the look that you want since it is reversible over time. Secondly, a blepharoplasty removing some excess upper eyelid skin can help to open up the upper eyelid area. I have done it several times in younger patients often in their twenty's. Good luck in your area.

Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Surgery and or Botox

Blepharoplasties
improves the appearance of upper eyelids, lower eyelids, or both. It can help
you look younger and more energized by eliminating bags and tightening saggy
eyelids. Puffy eyelids can make you appear tired and older than you really are,
and in some cases they can even impair your vision.  To determine if this surgery would be
appropriate for you, please consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who
will do a thorough assessment and make recommendations.

Botox and other toxin injections can
help to lift the brow when injected correctly. If your brows being low bothers
you I would suggest trying the toxins (Botox, Dysport and Xeomin) before
surgery. Best of luck!

Vincent A. Naman, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Options for droopy and heavy eyelids

There are Many different options available for patients to consider. When patients have a low set eyebrow position, a brow lift is required to get the eyebrow above the orbital rim. When patients have hooded and excess skin on the upper lids, an upper blepharoplasty procedure is required. For more information  and many examples, please see the link and the video below

Heavy eyelids

Thank  you for your question  It appears that your heavy droopy Brows is causing you your problem.  An endoscopic brow lift, which I helped to pioneer, will take care of this problem. If you compare your eyes with those  found on the models in vogue magazine you will notice that their  brows are higher than yours. An endoscopic brow lift  is performed through a  tiny incision with the use of a little tiny TV camera. Surgery typically takes less than an hour . Recovery is fairly quick. Botox injections can give you an idea how the endoscopic brow lift will look on you.  For more information please view the accompanying video.

Joshua Halpern, MD, PA

Droopy eyelids in 20's

Droopy eyelids can be caused by a number of factors. Frequently the appearance of the eyelids is largely dictated by the anatomy which the person inherits. In addition, excess skin may be due to a drooping of the eyebrow area and a small amount of skin is necessary order for eye closure. Thus a person's expectations should be tempered not only by her needs and desires but also by these other factors. In this particular patient a small amount of skin can be removed however I think a person's expectations should be examined prior to doing this. The brow can also be lifted by a small amount Botox(R) thus improving the upper eyelid appearance.

Richard O. Gregory, MD

Droopy heavy eyelids in early 20s

Thank you for your question.  As an Oculoplastic Surgeon, we commonly see patients with similar complaints that represent variations of normal anatomy.  Based on your photographs, you have beautiful eyebrow contours, but their positions are relatively low, at or below the rim of the orbit (eye socket).  This results in a "heavy" appearance of the eyelids due to a mild to moderate amount of excess skin on the upper eyelids.  With repositioning of the eyebrows to a slightly higher, and more ideal position, this "heaviness" will resolve.This is best accomplished with a minimally invasive surgery known as an endoscopic browlift.  The procedure is performed through tiny 1/4" incisions hidden in the hairbearing scalp above the forehead.  Using miniature videocamera technology, the procedure can be performed under local or general anesthesia with long term benefits.  More information is available on my website @ CallowayMD.com or on our Plastic Surgery society website @ PlasticSurgery.org

Daniel M. Calloway, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon