Can you make the nose tip longer if you have a short one?

I recently had nose surgery done just last week. The surgeon shortened the tip of my nose , but now it's to short and looks like it's really high. I don't like it and think my nose is really bad.

Rhinoplasty RECOVERY FIRST

You are still early in your post-operative recovery period. The shape of your nose is going to continue to change as you heal. It's too early 1 week after surgery to begin worrying about a revision. The amount of tip refinement and definition will increase as the swelling resolves. The tip rotation (how upturned it is) will also improve - as the swelling decreases the tip will drop a bit.

Can you make the tip of the nose longer?

Thank you for your question.At 1 week post op, it is early to pass any judgements about your nose. The shape and size of your nose will change over the course of the next 12 months. It is only after that time that you should really consider a revision.
There are a few techniques for elongating the nose. A known example is the use of onlay grafts that lengthen the nose.Kind regards.

Early post op

Dear Jerry,

please be be sure that for the next 6 months there will be always something new or looking not right about your nose.

At this stage the swelling is probably at his pick and this is why the nose looks short.

if this is of any comfort, yes, there are several techniques to lengthen the tip and in my hands they work much better with an open technique.

I am sure your plastic surgeon will take care of your concerns while you heal up.

Best regards,

Stefano Cotrufo, MD, PhD
London Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty Recovery Time

One week postop is too early to judge a rhinoplasty result. Swelling can make a nose seem large and the tip seem too high; and results may improve significantly as the swelling subsides.
Moreover, any corrective procedures or secondary rhinoplasties are best performed at least 6 months after the initial procedure so as not to under- or over-correct any issues.
The best course of action for you is to wait for 6 months and if you are still unhappy with your result, then to see a well-experienced rhinoplasty surgeon for correction as secondary procedures are considered more complicated than first-time rhinoplasties.

Shady Hayek,
Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery 

Shady Hayek, MD
Lebanon Plastic Surgeon