Does FUE really work for hair loss from wearing braids?

I am currently doing some modeling. I am interested in having the FEU procedure due to hair loss from braids. I am currently wearing wigs to cover it up. If I were to get the procedure.. would I be able to work afterwards and wear my wig?

Organic Hair Transplantation is a surgical technique that moves individual hair follicles from a part of the body called “donor site” to bald or balding part of the body known as the “recipient site”. Grafts containing hair follicles that are obtained from genetically resistant to balding area transplanted to the bald scalp by latest minimally invasive technique. One of the most important reasons of the hair loss is the decreased quality of the scalp. Therefore to make the only transplantation would provide only a limited benefit without improving the quality of the scalp. In the “Organic Hair Transplantation”

Why should I have Organic Hair Transplantation?

Stem cells are one of the most popular topics in the science area and it is a well-known fact that the life was built on the shoulders of these cells. Stem cells are used in treatment of many diseases today. Aesthetic plastic surgery is another area that stem cells are used for their advantages. Stem cells are obtained from the own adipose tissue of the patient. It can be stated that stem cells transferred to another place in the body yields rejuvenating, refreshing and repairing effects on the tissue. “Organic Hair Transplantation” method uses the advantages of the stem cells at the maximum level.

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

FUE is a method of harvesting hair follicles. It stands for Follicular Unit Extraction.

FUE is a method of harvesting hair follicles. It stands for Follicular Unit Extraction.  It has nothing to do with success of a surgery.  Wearing braids has no relation to FUE.  IF you have hair loss or traction hair loss, it is best to see a doctor for an examination.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Working after FUE and wearing a wig

The easy answer is yes you can work and wear a wig as soon as a couple days after an FUE procedure.  It's important that you receive an evaluation of your loss and your donor hair to ensure you are a good candidate for the procedure. 

FUE

your donor and recipient areas should be evaluated in a hair transplant consultation. Yes, FUE can be done, but it depends on your donor, density, as well as need for grafts in the recipient area. 

Rae Lynne Kinler, MD
Chicago Physician

Absolutely!!!

It works and it does good. I specialize in FUE and have successfully performed many transplants to correct traction alopecia. Please feel free to check the video of a combination of PRP and FUE transplant with amazing results. It is to be done with expertise to get the best possible outcome. The amount of grafts that we can transplant will depend on the density of your donor area, which is usually determined during a one on one consultation.

Best of lucks

William Yates, MD
Buffalo Grove Hair Restoration Surgeon

FUE for traction alopecia

Yes.  FUE extractions for hair transplantation for traction alopecia works well.  The limiting factor would be the quality and density of the donor hair.  

Wearing braids and wants FUE

You are Wearing braids and wants FUE. This can be dne in the right dircumstances but I would have to see you to make that determination

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

FUE and post op

you can do Hairtransplant to lower your hair line that receded from traction alopecia. The post op care is about ten days and we don't recommend wearing a wig during that time. 

Michael Meshkin, MD
Newport Beach Hair Restoration Surgeon

FUE for hair loss due to wearing braids etc.

Hair Loss can sometimes be caused by putting tension on your hair with extensions or braids, etc. 

This is called Traction Alopecia and can definitely be "fixed" with a hair transplant. FUE hair transplant is a great solution for fixing the hair loss caused by Traction Alopecia. 

For the 1st 7-10 days I would recommend not wearing your wig because it may irritate the transplanted follicles, but after the first 7-10 days you can absolutely wear your wig and continue working and nobody would know any different. 

Make sure to choose a hair transplant specialist that you feel comfortable with and discuss options with them at your consultation. Opinions may vary. 

Cory Torgerson, MD, PhD, FRCSC
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon