Voluma in cheeks - how to remove it faster and evenly?

I had voluma injected in cheeks this past July 2015, 1 serynge per cheek, I hate because it is been injected to close to cheek bone. Besides using the antidote to melt it and risk uneven cheeks, would ulthera break it down a bit and if I wait it out how long before at least half of it will be gone ?

Dissolving Voluma

Depending on how much of the product is injected, Voluma has been FDA approved to last for up to 2 years. With that being said, every patient metabolizes the product at a different rate. Unfortunately, there is no way to predict exactly how long it will last for you. Ulthera will not have any effect on the Voluma and is not the correct treatment to dissolve it. If you are looking to erase the effect completely, you would need to look into getting hyaluronidase injections such as Vitrase. I recommend scheduling a follow up appointment with the doctor who performed the Voluma injections. That way they can assess you in person and you can both work together to decide how to best address your concerns.

How to remove Voluma in the cheeks?

Ultherapy has not been shown to be effective or reliable in filler removal. There is a medication that is intended to dissolve excess Hyaluronic Acid fillers like Voluma that is marketed as "Wydase" AKA Hyaluronidase. Injections of Hyaluronidase does carry a modest cost but it is usually quite effective. Good luck!

Steven M. Gitt, MD, FACS (in memoriam)
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Voluma in Cheeks

My best advice would be to consult a board certified dermatologist with experience with facial cosmetic injections and have the Voluma dissolved slowly.  Thermage and Ulthera will not dissolve the product. These lasers tighten the skin and product new collagen.  Best, Dr. Green

Hy

Ulthera would not reliably break it down. I think this is a discussion you should have with your filler injector. You may benefit from Hyaluronidase, bit by bit, then rebuild from there. 

All the best

Dr Davin Lim
Laser and aesthetic dermatologist
BRISBANE, Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist