Droopy left side of nose? (Photos)

im perfectly fine with the right side of my nose. The symmetry shape and overall aesthetic of it. But I am very self conscious about the way the left side of my nose looks. I'm not sure if it's excessive cartilage or has to do with septum. I think soon I will make an appointment for a consultation to get accurate answers and get the assistance I need to fix my issue.

Rhinoplasty for the

Rhinoplasty for the crooked nose with a droopy tip and dent in l mid nose with septal deviation can be straightened and made more attractive and with a better airway. See a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who does natural results based on before and after photos of his work.

The pictures are not ideal to see what's going on but the certain thing is that the nose is off center. Your nasolabial angle may be less than 90 degrees. This would indicate that raising the tip of the nose is in order. A full rhinoplasty would be needed to straighten the nose, removed the hump and raise the tip.See a specialist who does a lot of noses and shows results that you find appealing,

Dennis Barek, MD
Great Neck Plastic Surgeon

Nasal Deviation

A septorhinoplasty can be done to straighten your entire nose including the septum. With this deviation you probably have some breathing obstruction which also can be improved.

Rhinoplasty for crooked nose and droopy tip

The photographs demonstrate a droopy tip, and a crooked nose.  A closed rhinoplasty approach can accomplish straightening the nose with osteotomies  and placement of spreader graft on the concave side. The tip of the nose can also be lifted and straightened as well. For more information and many rhinoplasty before-and-after results, please see the video and the link below

Uneven Profile

Thank you for your question!  Yes, I agree that having an in-person consultation will be a great start in answering your questions about your nose.  Be sure to consult with a board certified facial plastic or general plastic surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty.  It appears from the pictures that you provided you may have some asymmetry in the nostrils, and also dorsal deviation to the right hand side.  Correction of these elements will help to improve the appearance of the left side of your nose.  I hope that this helps!-David Gilpin

David Gilpin, MD
Nashville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Droopy Tip

The areas you are discussing can be addressed during rhinoplasty. Attached please find a video explaining how a drooping columella or nasal tip addressed. As you noted, sometimes one side is worse than the other but in the hands of a competent and experienced rhinoplasty specialist, it is possible for this to be effectively corrected.

Edwin F. Williams, III, MD
Latham Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dear joles97, I would suggest seeking consultations with some experts in the field of rhinoplasty to address your concerns. During the consultation an intra-nasal examination will be performed to determine if you have a deviated septum which can be corrected at the same time as the aesthetic changes. Some refinements to your nose with rhinoplasty will address the droopy tip, slight dorsal hump, and asymmetric bridge and tip. Have imaging performed to show you the proposed changes and how these will look with your facial aesthetics. Then review the surgeons before and after photographs to ensure natural looking rhinoplasty results. After these steps you should be informed regarding your options. See examples in the link below and video above. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

I'm not sure what you mean about the left side of your nose drooping.  You should go n a few consults with rhinoplasty specialists to determine what your goal are and if they are achievable.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Rhinoplasty Goals

Rhinoplasty will certainly be able to reshape and create the balance. If you want the best idea of what is possible for your nose, do your due diligence, find an experienced surgeon, and have him/her evaluate you in person and discuss your options. Looking at computer-morphed images with your surgeon during consultation will give you a good idea of what is possible, and also give you a great chance to convey to your surgeon what you envision.

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Rhinoplasty, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD