What do I need to have done to be photogenic? (photos)

I'm 19 and I'll do anything to my face to be more photogenic. I have never liked my nose and have been thinking about getting rhinoplasty. Lately I've noticed I don't have much of a jawline and when I smile my eyes get wrinkles. What all should I get done and how much would it be?

As a plastic surgeon, I am recommending that you see either a plastic surgeon with maxillofacial experience or an oral maxillofacial surgeon. It looks like your whole jaw and chin are undersized and would need agumentation or genioplasty and implants for the mandibular angle, etc.,
I don't think your nose is bad. Do the chin/jaw, and then, look at the nose.

Great Neck Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty with chin implant

Given your photos, it appears that improving your jawline with a chin implant and refining your nasal tip and width of your nose with a rhinoplasty would significantly improve your appearance, especially in photos.

Sandy Sule, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

DEAR ANNALATHERINEF13, To provide a better balance to your facial  aesthetics I would suggest rhinoplasty surgery to refine your nasal tip and width of the bridge and nasal base as well as chin augmentation with sub-mental liposuction. Often times in patients with a weak chin you will also see a full lower cheek area with flatness to the malar region above. This can also be addressed with buccal fat pad removal. This would be determined at a consultation appointment. During consultation digital imaging can be performed which will show you the proposed results of the surgery, once this is done then you can review the surgeons before and after photographs to ensure that he/she provides natural looking rhinoplasty results. See the video above of a  patient who has undergone these procedures as well as a link below where you can go onto different areas of the website to see examples of rhinoplasty, chin augmentation, chin liposuction and buccal fat pad removal. This will give you a good idea of how rewarding these procedures can be especially in patients in similar age groups. Geaux Tigers and Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Rhinoplasty Goals

You would be an excellent candidate for a rhinoplasty. While there are a variety of approaches and techniques employed by various surgeons, it is up to you to do your due diligence to find a rhinoplasty specialist in order to achieve the best results possible. Using autologous grafts (tissue and cartilage from your own body) will provide the safest and most permanent results.

Looking at computer-morphed images with your surgeon during consultation will give you a good idea of what is possible, and also give you a great chance to convey to your surgeon what you envision.

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Rhinoplasty and chin implant candidate

A closed rhinoplasty approach can accomplish narrowing the tip, narrowing the bridge, refining  the bridgeline with all the incisions placed on the inside of the nose. The side photograph demonstrates a significant weak and recessive chin profile for which a chin implant can improve. Chin implants are manufactured in a large variety of shapes and sizes which are best determined at the time of the consultation and examination. Chin implants are composed of Silastic, and are usually placed through a small incision underneath the chin. The implants can be placed under local anesthesia  as a stand-alone procedure, or an under general anesthesia with the rhinoplasty procedure. For more information, our current price list and many examples, please see the link and the video below

Rhinoplasty and Chin Implant Candidate

Rhinoplasty to address the size and shape of your nose should help you address your concerns. You have to understand that there is no such thing as the “perfect” nose. As rhinoplasty surgeons, we are able to improve the structure and function of the nose to address specific issues you have with how your nose looks and and how well you can breathe. Perfect symmetry does not exist in nature. Attempts to improve the symmetry of your nose should be aimed at achieving an improvement in your asymmetry to the point where it is no longer very noticeable. If you look carefully enough, you will always be able to find imperfections. The goal is a normal looking nose that is in harmony with the rest of your anatomy.

Closed rhinoplasty, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD