Bumped my nose in my sleep; will this affect my final result?

Freaking out! I am now 5 days post op and still have my splint on. When I was sleeping I woke my self up to my hand accidentally hitting my nose. It hurt but nothing significantly painful just a shock waking up and it doesn't hurt after or anything. Will this affect my final result?

Rhinoplasty 5 Days Post Op

Thank you for your question about recovery from rhinoplasty.

With an intact splint, it is doubtful that you did much, if any, harm to your nose.

For specific questions about your recovery, it is generally best to speak with your doctor or doctor’s representative – such as his or her nurse, or the physician on call for the practice.

You will likely get many different opinions from members of the RealSelf Community, but they have not physically seen or examined you, and nobody knows you or the circumstances better than your doctor.

If you feel you are not being listened to or you are doubting your doctor’s recommendations, then it is certainly within your rights to seek a second and get the advice from another board certified physician. This should be done through an in person consultation.

Obviously, if you think that you are having a medical emergency or other serious problem, you should call 911 and/or go to your nearest emergency room.

Best Wishes.

Things that go bump in the night.....

It is unlikely to have any adverse effect on your result. Mention it to your surgeon as he/she knows exactly what was done and what risk there might be.                                                                                .

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

Nasal trauma

A light bump with your hand at night while sleeping is likely not going to cause a problem for your nose.  If concerned, discuss this with your surgeon.

Bumped my nose in my sleep; will this affect my final result

Thank you for your question, consult your surgeon about ıt as ıt mıght be affected do consult your surgeon for avdice.

Trauma after Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question.  I would contact your surgeon, and let him/her know that you bumped your nose.  Usually these 'bumps' do not significantly affect your outcome.  This is one of the reasons for placement of a cast to protect you from this.  However, I again would recommend contacting your surgeon for a follow up examination to be sure no permanent damage was done. 

I hope that this helps!
-David Gilpin

David Gilpin, MD
Nashville Facial Plastic Surgeon

1 week post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.
It's too early to make value judgments with only 1 week after a rhinoplasty.
Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD