3 months post rhinoplasty operation; uneven nostrils? (Photos)

Hi doctors. Its been 3 months since i did my rhinoplasty surgery. Ever since my surgeon removed my nose "cast",i noticed that my nostrils are unven, i knew that was too soon to judge in 1st few month's after my surgery, so I didn't bothered about it. But now after 3 months im getting bit worry about my nose appearance as it looks uneven,my left nose bit higher than my right, and my nose holes 1 is wider than the other. I know it is too soon to judge now,but i cant control my self. Thank you.

Rhinoplasty 3 Month Recovery

Thank you for your question about recovery from rhinoplasty.

Thank you for pictures.  Both pictures are after pictures.  What did your nose look like pre-op?

For specific questions about your recovery, it is generally best to speak with your doctor or doctor’s representative – such as his or her nurse, or the physician on call for the practice.

You will likely get many different opinions from members of the RealSelf Community, but they have not physically seen or examined you, and nobody knows you or the circumstances better than your doctor.

If you feel you are not being listened to or you are doubting your doctor’s recommendations, then it is certainly within your rights to seek a second and get the advice from another board certified physician. This should be done through an in person consultation.

Obviously, if you think that you are having a medical emergency or other serious problem, you should call 911 and/or go to your nearest emergency room.

Best Wishes.

3 months post rhinoplasty operation; uneven nostrils?

Greetings
Thank you for your question and photo, would like to ask that you post your before photo, however it is still to early as the final results are to be seen fro 6months to  1 year after operation.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Uneven nostrils

The swelling after a rhinoplasty is rarely symmetric. One side will always resolve more quickly than the other. The majority of the swelling will resolve in 3-6 months, and will continue to resolve as your nose heals for up to 1-2 years. You have not reached your final shape as the nose will continue to heal and reduce in size for up to a year. Once it does reach its final shape you may be more pleased with the appearance of your nose.

Certainly express your concerns to your surgeon, and follow his/her treatment recommendations to ensure the best result.

Donald B. Yoo, MD

3 months post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.
It's too early to make value judgments with only 3 months after a rhinoplasty.
Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Uneven Nostril

Thank you for your question.  I am sorry you are having some post-operative concerns after your rhinoplasty.  You are correct that swelling and edema in the months after rhinoplasty will affect what your nose looks like at that point.  We will usually say that the majority of swelling has subsided between 6 months to one year.  I would discuss your concerns with your surgeon as he/she knows exactly what happened in your surgery, and how best to address your concerns.  

I hope that this helps!
-David Gilpin

David Gilpin, MD
Nashville Facial Plastic Surgeon