How much can gynecomastia surgery cost?

how much can gynecomastia surgery cost. please i really want to know.

Gynecomastia Cost

According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons the average #cost of #gynecomastia #surgery can vary widely. Surgery quotes should include the #procedure itself, operating room facilities, #anesthesia fees, surgeon’s fees, #medical tests, post-surgery garments, prescription medication and other related costs. Most #plastic #surgery offices offer convenient finance plans that allow patients to pay a low monthly payment.
#Costs will also vary with geographic location. Estimated costs can be found on , or

Gynecomastia Cost

•  Male breast reduction, or gynecomastia reduction cost factors vary significantly for a number of good reasons: Prices vary greatly because the surgery itself encompasses a wide range of techniques that can be performed to different extents. My recommendation is to first find the most qualified surgeons where you want the surgery performed that are board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery you trust, then compare prices between them. See the below link on suggestions on how to find the most qualified plastic surgeon for your procedure. General Factors that influence the price of plastic surgery include:

• 1. Location - Will it be performed in a hospital with an overnight stay, an independent out- patient facility or a doctor’s office? Geographical location also has a significant influence. RealSelf has average charges for most areas of the USA and Canada.

• 2. Type of Anesthesia - local, IV sedation or General Anesthesia? Will a board certified anesthesiologist, nurse anesthetist, or an RN be used?

3. Experience and training of your surgeon. The best and longest trained is most often a plastic surgeon board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

4. Length and Complexity of Surgery - how difficult will your surgery be and how long it will take, etc. Will other complementary procedures also be also performed during the same surgery?

Male breast reduction costs

Depends on the technique, if it is lipo alone, the cost is about $3000, but lipo plus glandular excision costs around $6500. The vest is additional, and prices will vary based on anesthesia time and surgery time.

Laura A. Sudarsky, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

How much can gynecomastia surgery cost?

Thanks for the question. When it comes to costs of surgery, there may be many “variables” involved. The specific surgeon's credentials/experience level (or lack thereof), the specific geographic area you are looking at, the different operations available, the location of the procedure (quality of surgery facility), type/quality of anesthesia provider… are some of the potential variables involved. You will find some average costs of surgery listed on this website and on individual plastic surgeons' websites as well.

In regards to outcome of the planned procedure, more important than costs of the procedures will be careful selection of your plastic surgeon. I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.

Be very careful with your decision-making. You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Again, I would also suggest that you do not base your selection of plastic surgeon primarily on costs of surgery; keep in mind that revisionary surgery may be more costly in many ways. You may find the attached link helpful as you learn more. Best wishes.

Gynecomastia cost

Thanks for your inquiry.  In my area male breast reduction surgery costs in the range of $5500-$6500 but of course the cost will vary significantly depending on the region and surgeon.

Cost of male breast reduction surgery

Thank you for your question ---

Gynecomastia excision can run from $5000-$8000 depending on the surgeon, anesthesia fees, facility fees, etc.

- Dr. Bryson Richards

Cost of gynecomastia surgery

Thank you for your question.  The cost of surgery will depend on many factors, including how much tissue needs to be removed, your surgeon's fees, hospital fees, and anesthesia fees.  Best wishes.  

Josef Hadeed, MD, FACS

Gynecomastia Surgery Costs

The cost off male breast reduction varies across the country and even in the same area. Prices in South Florida are less than more expensive cities such as Toronto, New York, or Los Angeles. We charge starting at $3000 + MD Anesthesia related expenses for male breast reduction.

To ensure the lowest possible costs and the highest possible quality, consult with board certified plastic surgeon who owns his own nationally accredited surgery center.

Consult with 3 experienced and expert board certified plastic surgeons to understand your options.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS